Thursday, September 10, 2009

Am I a plant or a zombie?

I've been meaning to write.

I wanted to write about taking the kids to Taste of Cleveland. I would have gone on in detail about the prizes we won (and didn't win). I would have described all the different food we ate: What was good and what was disappointing. I would have raved about seeing Cowboy Mouth rock the house right down to the ground and how we all danced.

But I'm not going to write any of that.

I have a post-it that I've been collecting all the things we did, big and small, over the summer. Some of the things you know about like the camping, NYC and Marco's skunk attack. But some of it I never mentioned like the agony we went through over getting a new lawnmower and watching all five seasons of Alias. The post-it is just crammed with stuff and I was going to list it all out on Labor Day as a salute to the end of summer.

Yeah, you're not getting that either.

I'm not going to write about any of that because of this...

Plants vs. Zombies has taken over my life. It's all I want to do. I think about it all the time. And it's not just me. It's all four of us. We are all possessed by this game. I loaded it on the laptop as well as the desktop so two of us can play at the same time while the other two linger around the edges waiting for our turn. It's pathetic.

The road that led us all here started when I broke my foot two years ago. While I was laid up, Weaver sent me some websites links to cheer me up. One of them was Cakewrecks which still cracks me up everyday. One day it featured an amazing Lost cake that was made to celebrate the 100th episode of the show. That post was linked to Jorge Garcia's blog, who plays Hurley. Jorge does quite a bit of world travelling when he's not filming and puts up lots of pictures and little movies. Last week Jorge was in despair because he had discovered Plants vs. Zombies and couldn't do anything else.

I went to check it out. Found it on Pogo. The rest is history.

I would love to write more but I've got zombies to smash.

No comments: