Friday, October 13, 2006

Bronze Award!!!!




I've only mentioned in passing, but since May, my troop has been going through all the steps to earn our Girl Scout Bronze Award. If you click on the link, you'll learn all about the highest award a junior girl scout can earn. We decided to perform a sing-a-long for all the other Girl Scouts in our service unit and produce a songbook to give out. We've been singing songs, practicing teaching, and typing songs all summer. We snuck the work in on the girls by doing fun stuff-- a camp out at camp, a backyard campout, a sleepover party, and then two (or was it three?) little work parties. Finally it was all done- The books were done, the t-shirts came in, the cellophane was all cut, and the song list was complete. Last night, at the French Creek Nature Center, it all came together. I'm so proud of the girls I can hardly write this. They were nervous, but they did it! They taught songs, and if they messed up, they just kept going and didn't turn into giggling little girls. They were awesome! We had a nice size crowd show up and everyone seemed very impressed. I could see, when it was all over, how proud the girls were of themselves. They loved it when people came up to tell them they did a good job. And they did, they really did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy looking group!!!! Congrats! I am proud too! Wish I could have been there for some of the fun.

J. said...

I'll send you a copy of the book. I think you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

The girls were great! The girls were singing the songs they learned from yours at camp last week. Congrats girls!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girls! Go for the GOLD and you won't be disappointed.