Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shots of DC

One of the worst ways to start a post, in my opinion, is to apologize for not posting in a timely manner and then give some lame excuse. So, I'm not apologizing or explaining other than to say that not only have I not been writing this blog, but I haven't been reading any of yours either. I've been off the scene completely. Will things change now? Most likely. School's almost over.



Things have been hopping around here and I guess we should catch up. First off, my sweet zombie gig ended on Friday. It was wonderful, I'll admit it. I was really sad to pack up my workspace. Now it looks just like when I first laid eyes on it, right down to the bag of rock salt and the shovel. I don't want to work anywhere else, so I just might not. We'll see how I feel as the week progresses.


The kids went to Washington, D.C. last week. They had a spectacular time despite that hotel rooms had no DVD players, the TVs didn't have the right jacks for Xbox and the breakfast buffet was yucky. My first text from The Girl was "This is NOT a five star hotel". I KNEW I raised her right!




Here's five girls in their shared Not-Five-Star bathroom.

Every year during the month of May, about one million 8th graders visit DC. And they all see...



Arlington

The Washington Monument
Grand Union Station





The Capitol Building







The Korean War Monument







The Vietnam Memorial



Lincoln



And the White House



complete with a guy on the roof.



They also went to Mount Vernon, ESPN Zone, the Holocaust Museum and the Smithsonian. But Blogger is acting a little funny right now, so if you want to see those pictures, you'll just have to come by the house! It was a whirlwind tour of the city to say the least. The Girl took about 300 pictures. The Boy took around 100. And they both texted home quite often about what they were doing, seeing and eating. The only part they didn't enjoy (except the hotel breakfast) was the eight hour bus trip to get there and who could blame them!

1 comment:

Nance said...

It's just wonderful to know that WE HAVE ALL THAT BACK UNDER PROPER DEMOCRATIC CONTROL! Power to the people.