Thursday, September 09, 2010

No Love for Clean Streets

I've written in the past about how much I love the leaf sucker trucks. I love that they suck up and take away the mountains of leaves. I don't know where the leaves end up, but I do know that they don't have to be put in plastic bags and sit in a landfill for all eternity. What could be better than that?

(Well, what's better than that for me is the sound those trucks make. Knocks me right out. But that that is just a byproduct of a bigger thing. A happy bonus one could say.)

Here's my least favorite truck that the city sends around.

The street sweeper truck.

Is there a bigger waste of money and resources than this? For the most part, the street looks exactly the same before and after it does its thing. It's just wet afterward.Usually these guys run in pairs, one right behind the other. Times must be tough if we are down to just one truck spraying water and spinning dirt in a circle.

The guy running this truck didn't even notice I was taking pictures because he was too busying yakking away on his phone. That's the job I need. No, wait a minute. I didn't mean it!

No comments: