Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No Cats!


Today we discovered a cat living in our basement. Those of you familiar with our house know about our outside entrance to the basement that is not, in any sense of the word, secure. After observing this cat run into our house, we quickly found it happily prowling around in the basement, very happy to see us. I'm not kidding- this cat loves people! So we got it out and E. has cat-proofed the door. But now this creature is prowling around the house, meowing into every open window and standing at the doors. Marco is out of his mind about all of this, especially when the kids went out to visit the cat. I could hardly get them to bed for all their worrying about it.

Now this will not do. If it were up to E and the kids, that cat would be curled up on the couch right now! But I cannot be responsible to keep one more thing alive and healthy in this world. I'm at my limit. For once, Marco and I agree about something -- no cats in this house!

3 comments:

Brewer said...

AAAACCCKKKK!!!! No cats, no cats! :) We can't have a dog here but we'd kind of like to have one. Of course, we can have a cat but that darn litter box thing just nixes that big time!

Good luck standing firm!

L. Bishop said...

Poor kitty. He can't understand why you won't let him back into his house! If you didn't notice it before, can't you just "pretend" that you don't know he is down there? It might thunderstorm this afternoon.... don't you feel guilty? Are you secretly a Cat-Hater???? I have to admit I am on Team Keep The Kitty.......

Brewer said...

Team Boot the Kitty here! Just think of him as Big-Butt coming to eat your sculpy clay right out of your back pack. If you need someone on your side, let me know. I'll jump in the car and come on down ;) what's 8hrs to help a friend stand firm?