Thursday, July 27, 2006

Much Ado

Last night the kids and I went to see "Much Ado About Nothing" up at the college. They had an outdoor performance in their little amphitheatre and it was an excellent show. The kids were able to understand and really enjoy the performance. Of course it helped that I gave them a quick overview of the story along with key clips from the movie so they could keep up. The last thing I wanted to do was spend the whole time answering "Who is that? What did he say? What's going on?". The show was interrupted once during the first act for a rain delay. They were able to finish the first act, but we had to move inside for the second. It was raining buckets when we came out, so good call on the move!

Tomorrow is yard sale day, one of the more interesting days of the summer. I have a sale every summer and it usually goes pretty well. I like visiting with the neighbors and catching up with people who drop by. But there is always the creepy and downright scary few that make yard sale day that much more exciting! The trouble right now is the threat of rain. It's raining right now, thunderstorming actually, but there's not much I can do about it. I like to put out the stuff the night before, but that's not going to happen this year. We will just have to wait and see what the morning looks like.

1 comment:

Brewer said...

I wish I could bring some stuff over to your sale :) Good luck and I hope every single item sells.

Congrats on the great show you saw. That's one of Matt's favorites