This year I will be referring to my students as zombies. When when I say zombies, I don't mean these kind of zombies....
No, no, not the shuffling moaning type. I mean more like the "28 Days Later" type of zombie. These guys...
Zombies who are super crazy, run inhumanly fast and never, ever tire out. The extra scary type of zombie.
The parallels between fast scary zombies and schoolchildren and pretty amazing:
- They both can run really fast. And the kids can run their mouths even faster.
- They both often have something unidentifiable and disgusting on their faces and hands.
- Neither children nor zombies are very picky about what they eat or where it was just before they ate it.
- You can't ignore a zombie when it's in the room. Same with kids.
- Neither group knows how to speak a distinct language; it's mostly mumblings, whining and drool.
- They are both predictable only in the fact that you never know what they are going to do next, but it's a guarantee that you're not going to like it.
- They never quit or tire out.
I think I've made my point. My zombies today were of a very little version, kindergarten sized. Still they were full-fledged zombies. I only had the half a day which was a quarter of a day too long!