Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Turning Japanese

I can't write long because lately, meaning this past week, all of our extra time has been taken up with watching Japanese television.


We didn't have G4 as a channel for awhile but since they've rearranged the cable line up it's back. G4 is a very grown up channel as is evident by the commercials, but these Japanese shows are just plain fun. They grab you and make you stick in front of the TV for huge amounts of time.


Ninja Warrior is a show where they start with 100 contestants that have to get through 4 stages of obstacles. The first stage is so tough that usually only 2 or 3 people make it through. The next three stages are so impossible that it just takes your breath away that anyone can get through even a fraction of the course. I sit on the edge of my seat during the whole thing. I cheer when someone succeeds and it breaks my heart when someone almost makes it and falls just short.


Unbeatable Banzuke has these intense challenges that competitors have to get through. It's not uncommon for no one to succeed for the entire show. Today's show had a hand walk challenge and a stilt walking challenge. They were both so tough that I probably couldn't even handle doing the courses on my feet!


I've got to get back to the TV now. Check a little out for yourself.

1 comment:

L. Bishop said...

OMG.... I thought I was the only one..... do you think there are others?? Maybe we should form a support group!