Sunday, August 30, 2009

Duct Tape Fanciness

Hey look! I made this bag yesterday. I am mighty proud of it to the point that whenever I would pass it today I would go, "Oooh! Look at that!"


It's completely made out of duct tape, even the handle, except for the two Velcro tabs that keep it closed. The weave is not stuck down either. It's non-sticky strips held down only on the ends giving it texture. Here's a lousy picture of it. The back is exactly the same pattern as the front.

This bag is my new restaurant bag. Very often I can't finish all of my meal and the waitress says, "Do you need a box?" and I say, "No, I've brought my own." This is how anti-Styrofoam I've become. I would love to start a trend where everyone does this, but I'm not holding my breath.


The boxes themselves are microwave and dishwasher safe. I carry around two just in case and I've made the bag to fit them both.
This bag took three hours to make and quite a bit of duct tape. I can't wait to take it out for its maiden restaurant voyage.

2 comments:

Nance said...

That is awesome, and I love the fact that it is a Doggy Bag Bag. Or..a Bow Wow Bag? Whatev. I love the thought behind it the most.

chipper said...

You are the awesome-est!!! I use my own grocery bags (and have for years) and I use cloth diapers and don't use paper towels or napkins... but I've never been smart enough to have containers with me for the take home food. Most of the time, I feel lucky if I actually get to eat while in the restaurant instead of spending the entire time in the bathroom :)