Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cross Country- Meet 3

The Girl took a minute and a half off her time this week from last week. That's huge! Lots of stars were in aligned to make this happen. It was much cooler today and the grass wasn't wet. The course was hilly but the stretch to the finish was all downhill. She finished in a sprint! It was mighty impressive.



The meet was an hour away this morning. She had to be at the school this morning 6:15, which meant getting up at 5:30. This is inhuman in my opinion. While she's doing fine, I am still dragging and have taken two cat naps this afternoon.




It's still weird for me to have a kid involved in a sport. The Man and I were both thoroughly inactive in school and liked it that way. When the kids were little we put them in T-Ball because we thought that's what you were supposed to do. Neither of them liked it very much. The Boy did karate for awhile and The Girl, of course, still dances. But that was the extent of athletics for us.




I dream of running you know. Not the longing and wishing kind of way but in the actually asleep at night type of dreaming. I dream of running through parks and woods. I dream of running down paths and roads. I'm fast in my dreams and the running is effortless (dream-like you could say). I have a running dream a couple of times a week.




When I wake up from one of these dreams the only thing I want to do is put on my shoes and go for an actual run. But it doesn't take long to realize that dream running and real running are extremely different things. I usually just end up taking a long walk. Much more me.




Five more meets to go!

1 comment:

Nance said...

You're way more athletic than I am. I don't even DREAM of running!