Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Man Can Roll!

In front of me now there are THREE lists of things I need to get done in the next few weeks. Some things I need to get done in the next few days. The lists are long and very few things are currently crossed off. Work called twice today to get me to come in. But because the lovely function of Called ID, instead the phone set was addressed in a different manner.



I was going to use this stolen day to work on these massive lists. So far I've done zero things with any of them except add more items. Isn't that depressing? But all of that will have to wait just a bit longer because I have much more important news to convey to the three of you.




The Man's bowling team won their league championship Monday night!




That's right, they are the champions and they expect you to treat them thusly. This is the second time they have been league champions (but not consecutively). So those of you who think they are just out at the alleys guzzling beer and oogling floozies, you just better think again. (Actually beer is too expensive to drink at the bowling alley and the hotties must all bowl on a different night.)



The Man was not even going to be on the team this year because he was teaching at Bowling Green on Monday nights. It just wasn't going to work out. But with a little begging from his teammates, he found a way to make it to the alley to bowl in the last two games every night, missing the first game and the warm-up. Does he not deserve to be a champion for this sacrifice? I say he certainly does!



So congratulations to The Man and his team! Way to roll!

Oh! If only he had an Italian Charm bracelet, I could get him one of these!

2 comments:

chipper said...

Congrats, Captain Bowler Man!!!!

Nance said...

I don't see E. as the bracelet type.