Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sick Saturday

Those creepy zombies got me sick!

All week I've been dealing with an little annoying cough. No big thing, just annoying. But Friday night it turned into something much uglier.

By Saturday morning my head felt like it was a stuffed with cotton and there was a brick on my chest. I was running a little fever as well. But I had to get up to get The Girl on her bus for her cross country meet. After I saw her off, I went back home to wake The Boy so we could go to the meet. He woke up as sick as me. It was going to be a good day.

So the two of us headed 0ff down the back roads of Ohio maneuvering around Amish buggies sneezing, sniffling and coughing all the way. At the meet it was cold and raining. We huddled under our umbrellas, shivering as we cheered The Girl on.

She ran well. Despite the weather she came in with a time of 26:36. That's her second best time of the season and not too shabby to boot. Last year she had her best time during a meet that was driving rain in bitter cold, so that must be what works for her.

The race wore her out and she slept all the way home. Then the three of us took a nap later in the afternoon. I was supposed to go out to lunch with old friends. I was supposed to go on a movie date with The Man. None of that was going to happen. Every time I closed my eyes, I felt myself starting to fall asleep. In between naps we watched mindless television and passed the tissue box back and forth. The Man, who was the only fully functioning human in the house, went out and rented movies and brought home Subway. He was the hero of the day.

Back to my zombies tomorrow. I'm taking hand sanitizer.

1 comment:

Nance said...

Yuck!! You get a Major Award for even going to the meet at all! WTF? Stay home from work! Remember, THE PRESIDENT TOLD YOU TO.